Prize for Women's Creativity in Rural Life 2
by Elly Pradervand, Executive Director of Women's World Summit
Foundation and Ilse Moser, WWSF-Prize Program Coordinator, five women
laureates were honored for their contributions to sustainable
development, household food security and peace.
* Betty Makoni (Zimbabwe) was honored for her work on behalf of
children's rights in the village of hope;
* Marta Benavides (El Salvador) for her work in creating a culture of
* Byatshandaa Jargal (Mongolia) for her efforts to combat malnutrition;
* Theresa Secord Hoffman (USA) for her work to revive native Indian
* the Association of Austrian Mountain Farmers, for their presentation
of a cabaret on rural development.
The 5 Laureates were selected from amongst 33 Prize winners in 2003.